Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Mower went dead while it was mowing grass. No power to

Customer Question
Mower went dead while...

Mower went dead while it was mowing grass. No power to anything. Change the battery and didn't make a difference. What can I check now.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2007 bolens rider.mtd...

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes hope to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have switch out and can't find anything wrong.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
7/31/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 1 year ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
First thing to check is the fuse. If the fuse is good, follow the red wire from the battery to the starter solenoid. Jump the solenoid and see if engine starts. Make sure brake is locked and key is on when you jump solenoid