Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do you turn on the fuel shut off valve? About 2 weeks.

Customer Question
Good morning, How do...

Good morning, How do you turn on the fuel shut off valve?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 2 weeks. But then I got out the manual!!!!!! lol and I did all the manual said to do but I couldn't find how to turn the valve on because I couldn't find where the valve was.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have had the mower for about 3 years and didn't use it at all last year.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I have had it about 4 years. It is a Lawnboy with a Kohler engine. XT-y

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
7/31/2017
Technician: jaybird tech,
 replied 11 months ago
jaybird tech

Hi, My name is Jay

If this is the push type mower then you do not have a fuel shut off valve. The fuel will free flow from tank to the carburetor.

Technician: jaybird tech,
 replied 11 months ago

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"