Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a bobcat 61 in zero turn with a Kawasaki 37 hp

Customer Question
I have a bobcat...

I have a bobcat 61 in zero turn with a Kawasaki 37 hp engine. It has started missing and then dying after it gets hot. Starts fine and runs fine till it warms up then starts missing and eventually dying. Can turn switch off and then back on and starts right up. Then mow just a minute and dies again. Can let it cool down and it will start and mow for a few minutes and then die again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Clean fuel and put new fuel filter on it first thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I thought it acts like coils are breaking down when hot or something like that but just kinda trying to find out where to start looking.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
7/31/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

What is engine model number? Carburetor or fuel injected? When it won't start , do you have spark at the plugs?

Bobcat predator pro 37hp dfi. 999 cc Kawasaki. E/NO FXT00VA04361. Code FXT00V-BS01-R. EPA/551 AKAXS 99921A. Fuel injection. Yes fire at plugs
Like I said, it acts like coil breaking down

Has dual coils, run a cylinder test, by removing one wire at a time while idling, to see if both cylinders are firing. If engine does when one wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing.

I see question is still open.??