Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Gravely zero turn mower stalls out in five or ten minutes…

Customer Question
gravely zero turn mower stalls...
gravely zero turn mower stalls out in five or ten minutes
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
7/31/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Will your engine restart and run immediately after it stalls, or do you have to wait for a while?

We can continue from here.

You and I need to determine if our problem is fuel related, or if it is ignition related. If you have to wait for a while before your engine will re-start, let's try something.

If you have some carburetor cleaner in a can, spray a small burst directly into your carburetor, immediately after your engine stops running, to see if your engine will start right back up and run briefly, or if your still have to wait a few minutes before your engine will re-start.

Our problem could also be related to the fuel shut off solenoid under your carburetor. Your fuel shut off solenoid should click each time you cycle your ignition switch on and off. It has a spring loaded plunger that must retract, when your ignition switch is on, to allow fuel to flow within your carburetor. Sometimes this part will fail either before, or after it reaches full operating temperature.

You and I can continue from here. Thanks again.