Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Kawasaki 691v 23hp engine turns over fast but no

Customer Question

Hi,I have a Kawasaki 691v 23hp engine turns over fast but no compression I took the flywheel bolt off and the crank is turning with the flywheel
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: My son bought it used I would guess about 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the spark plugs and feel for the pistons with a probe, and turn engine manually, to see if the pistons are moving with the crankshaft.

I see question is still open, did you find problem? Please rate to close the question.