Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I bought a troy bilt pony in 4/14, now all of a sudden the…

Customer Question
I bought a troy...

I bought a troy bilt pony in 4/14, now all of a sudden the battery won't stay charged.just put another battery in it today, it mowed my front yard and got to the back battery was dead.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I month

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I bought a battery from you 4months ago and you won't replace it so I bought a new one today and run it once and it is dead

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
7/30/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Sounds like the charging system is not working properly. charge battery and start machine and then test the voltage at the battery.

It could just be a loose wire. once machine is running, test the regulator for voltage also to see if power is getting to the regulator

I see question is still open and unrated. Please, let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL