JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I put a new diaphragm and gasket on the, cleaned the tank

Customer Question

Hi, I put a new diaphragm and gasket on the carburetor, cleaned the tank and I can't get the mower to stay running, it chokes itself out or its not getting the gas. My lawn is 8" high and I'm desperate to fix this thing.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: yard machine, 500 series, model #11A-84-029 407-875
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, I did the carburetor myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I changed the oil on Thursday when I did the carburetor, I put a new spark plug in in June although I need a new gasket for under the air cleaner, would that matter?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Did you change out the primer bulb when you removed the carb? primer may not be sealing . also check the breather tube that the carb goes on to make sure it is not cracked

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bulb is new, replaced in June. Other parts are clean and not damaged.
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

how does the intake tube look going to the other side of the machine? will it continue to run if you continue to press the primer bulb?