tsmodie
tsmodie,
17454363

I have a 2003 Sears craftsman L1000 lawn tractor 42" cut

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Sears craftsman L1000 lawn tractor 42" cut with a 17.5 HP Briggs and Stratton engine. It had a oil leak, ran out of oil, then seized up yesterday. Will not turn over now. Very disappointed because this has been a great tractor. I have a feeling I will need a new engine - any idea what it costs to replace? Or should I just buy a new tractor>
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Small Engine Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: Engine is 14 years old. Never done this - it is my bad for letting it run out of oil
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really - just trying to get an idea of the cost of replacement, ballpark number, or whether they are ever repairable once they seize up
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  tsmodie replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** can get a factory B & S engine for this for about 380 dollars, depending on the shop, it will run about 180 dollars for labr to replace it, so for under six hundred dollars you could have a new motor installed, what shape is the rest of the tractor in?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pretty good
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That helps. No call needed. Thanks
Expert:  tsmodie replied 2 months ago.

then it would be worth it to have the engine replaced, and you will get a warranty with the new motor,Tim

Expert:  tsmodie replied 2 months ago.

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,thanks,Tim

Expert:  tsmodie replied 2 months ago.

Is there a reason you wont rate me?? I do not get paid unless you do?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I rate you ?
Expert:  tsmodie replied 2 months ago.

there are 5 stars at the top of the page, you have to click on 3 or higher,Thanks,Tim

Expert:  tsmodie replied 2 months ago.

I see you still have not rated me?? I do not get paid unless you do?

Expert:  tsmodie replied 2 months ago.

ok, I guess you were just looking for a free answer, good luck in the future,Tim