Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Cub Cadet 4 cycle string trimmer. it spits oil from…

Customer Question
I have a Cub...

I have a Cub Cadet 4 cycle string trimmer. it spits oil from the breather tube into the air filter and then leaks all over the place what would cause this?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It started out as a little and then it got worse this year. started last year

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Fuel is clean, there is no shut off valve

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The trimmer is 2 years old

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
7/30/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 1 year ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

If you are still in need of assistance, please let me know. Have you checked to see if your oil level is overfilled? We can continue from here.