Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2012 Yamaha G29 Drive Electric Golf Cart. Cart has…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Yamaha G29 Drive Electric Golf Cart. Cart has started stopping after about 15 holes of Golf. Can play with Run/tow switch and it will run...latest episode it would only run a few feet and die. It appears when I turn switch to tow it clicks but then I hear another click and it does the few feet thing

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Electric cart

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
7/29/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Do you have a test voltmeter to check the battery pack voltage and each battery? Most problems with carts are battery or cable problems. How old are your batteries?

I have a voltmeter, but batteries are only 3 years old and in good shape. Just had cables etc inspected.

Test each battery and see if all are same voltage. At three years old, you can have one battery that is going bad, and like a chain, it is the weak link, affecting all the others.