Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Trying to find an owners manual for a TrueLife 12000W

Customer Question

Trying to find an owners manual for a TrueLife 12000W Generator. My dog ripped all the external wires loose, and I cannot figure out how to reconnect them.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: two days - power to house is out
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can - if not I'll try to find a shop that can do it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just how to hook up the external wiring on that generator
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: it is 8 years old, but has been sitting in the garage for the last 6 years. Have not seen an electrician yet
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

I do not have a copy of the operator manual for this unit, but I do have a copy of the wiring diagram. Is is not the best copy in the world, but it is sufficient to get the job done.

I have uploaded it for you.

Click here to download it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** already had that diagram from the internet. It does not help me much about where do three dangling grey, black, and blue wires that have been chewed off go to. I don't see where the other end might have been to reconnect them. I have four of the wires reconnected because I could see both ends of them and replace them. I guess I'm going to have to take it to a generator shop and hope that they can interpret the drawing enough to find out where the wires go to since there is no obvious destination externally.Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 months ago.

OK.