Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am looking for technical information on the timing of a…

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for technical information on the timing of a sv260-0210 kohler engijne

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Yhe engine is about 5 years old and i am tearing it down to replace the crankcase which is cracked. i accidently pulled one of the gears up during disassembly and i beed to know the timing so i don't reassembly out of time there are 2 timing mark on the cam shaft gear and a timing mark on each of the valve gears

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes ii hac ve said i was and i am well along all i need is the timing procedure

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No i just need the timing procedure.can you get that for me

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
7/28/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Sv260 is not good model umber. Could it be SV560? See manual link below.

the no sv260-0210 is a good number i have odrered part to that no

Look at the SV manual link I sent and look at the timing, I think you will find it is the same.