Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Mower engine ps-590-322 Got red oil light, shut down, very

Customer Question

mower engine ps-590-322 Got red oil light , shut down, very low on oil.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: ps-590-3222 mfq 2010. got red oil light , shut down, drained alittle oil out of it.add 1.5 qts 10w-30. started back up, ran fine , but oil light started blinking again. oil filter 40 hrs and 2 yrs old. Why still red light blinking?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, out in country w riding cub cadet, very good for 6 yrs old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know of.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Oil light blinking and you didn't change the filter when you added the oil? Change the oil and filter, then see if problem returns, running engine low on oil can damage the crankshaft bearings and oil pump

I see question is still open, please use the 5 star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks!