JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a Generac Power Washer. Wouldn't start for several

Customer Question

I have a Generac Power Washer. Wouldn't start for several days, today it did, but was running rough. Removed dip stick to check oil a what appeared to be quite dilute oil came running out. I suspect gas in the crank case. Carburator float problem?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: There is fuel and the shutoff is open. Fresh fuel.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is simple.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when iI tried to start it two days ago the fuel shutoff was left open.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

you are on the right track. if you have fuel in the oil, the float in the carb didn't seal well and has allowed fuel to leak by. you will need to change oil, and clean the carb and/or possibly rebuild the carb. sometimes the needle just sticks and dislodges itself, others it will need to be removed and cleaned

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL