JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a fairly new Craftsman Briggs St Platnium 7.0 ftlb

Customer Question

I have a fairly new Craftsman Briggs St Platnium 7.0 ftlb gross torque Model###-##-#### ran it on fumes 3 days ago, just filled up to mow, it cranks but suddenly dies.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just tonight worked 3 days ago fine.... we get it tuned up every spring, heck the thing looks new its about 3 yrs old maybe four.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well I am the wife looking for help it was my idea not my husband
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
It has most likely sucked in a small piece of debris into the carburetor jet when it was ran low. Most Briggs engines you can remove the bowl nut and clean out the holes reinstall and you will be good to go if not you will need to remove the carburetor and clean it to free the debris clogging the jet.
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

I see question is still open and UNRATED. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL