Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 997 deere diesel mower-quits frequently under all

Customer Question

I have a 997 john deere diesel mower-quits frequently under all circumstances-john deere dealer had machine for 3 weeks and said nothing was wrong-brought it home and it quit after moving it 100 feet-had the dealer cut off the right arm safety device(thinking it might have a short)-
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: john deere 997-5 years old-675 hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: have owned the 997 for 4 years and never had any previous problems
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Engine dies? Will it restart immediately or does it have to wait?Is the fuel shutoff solenoid staying open, or is it shutting off the fuel?It has to have constant battery voltage to it, to stay latched. See link, # 11 is the solenid it can be removed and the hole plugged with tape for test.

I see question is still open, please use the 5 star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks!