JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

My Deere riding lawnmower keeps flooding until I shut the

Customer Question

My John Deere riding lawnmower keeps flooding until I shut the gas off.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I shut off the gas long enough to start the engine to empty out the gas line. It runs flooded until it is out of gas
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: There is nothing wrong with the fuel. The engine runs until the gas is used up and then quits because I shut the gas off as it is flooding the engine. I turn the gas back on and re-start it and then it floods again.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It seems like it is the carburetor that is flooding.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
If it is flooding out while running the carburetor is not sealing off once the bowl is full. The carburetor will need to be cleaned and possibly have a rebuild kit installed to fix this issue. let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best in your rating helps me to achieve this