JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a 31E777 0143 G5 with a solenoid in the bottom of

Customer Question

I have a 31E777 0143 G5 with a solenoid in the bottom of the carburetor. I do not live in California. Is there any way to bypass it. It currently is very warm to the touch as long as the battery is connected.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I just noticed it today, but I have had a problem with this engine running a short time and quitting since 2012
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: The owners manual was printed in 2011. I purchased the mower in 2012.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The mower sat for about 3 years while I was experiencing health problems
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

s​ounds like it needs to be replaced as once it gets hot without machine on, it is a sign it is bad and has a short. You will need part number 846639 to replace it with

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this. A 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL