JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have craftsman rotary mower model # 917.370940, I want to

Customer Question

I have craftsman rotary mower model ####-##-#### I want to know how the return spring on the gear box is put in I only see one hole for it to connect.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: craftsman model ####-##-####2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is the return spring connected to the gear box
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
There should be a hole for it to go into on the belt guide assembly. When cable is pulled, the spring/cable pulls upwards and transmission goes backwards to tighten the belt for drive.
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to rate me as I strive to be the best and your rating helps me to achieve this
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know about the hole in the belt guide assembly but I can't find a hole to hook the bottom of the spring in.