Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My riding mower wants to turn over with the clutch out, the

Customer Question

My riding mower wants to turn over with the clutch out, the ignition off and no one on the seat.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Craftsman T2500 Model###-##-#### One year old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Does engine start? Check the seat switch and the harness to it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No engine turns over but does not start. The seat switch and harness seem fine.

This is Briggs single cylinder engine, the coil and the magnet in the flywheel are all that make the spark, do you have spark at the plug if you remove the spark plug and ground it to the metal f the engine and spin engine with starter? If it has spark, problem is at carburetor. If no spark, unplug the single wire on the coil , and check for spark again, still no spark, with kill wire removed, the coil has failed.

I see question is still open, please rate to close the question and get me credit! Thanks.