Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Ned new out of box husqvarna HU700H lawn mower won't start.

Customer Question

Ned new out of box husqvarna HU700H lawn mower won't start. Put gas and oil in it. What do you think is wrong
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends what I have to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so. Mower is brand spankin new
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your mower questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So what have you done so far to get it started?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
check spark plug, checked hose from gas tank to carb and looked at air filter for gas or oil. Plug looks good, hose had gas in it and filter way dry. What do ya think
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm outta here

might be something from packaging or assembly stuck in carb, try spraying carb cleaner in it and see if it starts for a min

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll try that and will get back to you later

if it starts from the carb cleaner and dies you have a fuel problem and more than likely the carb needs to be inspected for debris and restriction flow