JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a Kohler lawnboy 6.5ft lb, 149cc ppower lawnmower

Customer Question

I have a Kohler lawnboy 6.5ft lb, 149cc ppower lawnmower that will not start. I noticed that a small air hose under the motor was broken and I'm wondering what it is and if I can purchase a new hose to replace it?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes to all
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's practical
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that if I spray ether into the carborator it will run until th eether is used up and then stall out
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
Into the carburetor and it start the carburetor needs to be cleaned make sure to clean the bolt that holds the carburetor Bowl on has the main jets in it. You will have a hole that goes sideways and one that goes into the bolt make sure they are both cleaned very well use carb cleaner and a small wire if you have one
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
The hose that you are referring to sounds like the breather hose that goes from the carburetor to the crankcase a new one can be purchased
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would you know the part number and cost?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please email your response
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
Cost will vary. One moment and I can pull part number for you
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

I see question is still open and UNRATED. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL