Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Kubota 2110 garden tractor. I have a problem

Customer Question

I have a Kubota 2110 garden tractor. I have a problem starting the tractor. When turning the key (after a moment for the glow plug) it just clicks. By repeating the on/off with the key eventually it starts. I have replaced the starter with a new one and after about 4 starts without a problem, the same situation is occurring.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes everything is operational. This also happens when the tractor has been run and then shut off.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's about all there is.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage when trying to start? Is the charging system keeping battery voltage up?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the battery voltage is up and I can (when it works) do numerous starts without having a battery problem.

OK< so what is voltage at the switch wire on the starter solenoid? It may not have enough amperage to close the solenoid. Try a wire direct from the keyswitch, to the tarter solenid, mirroring the existing wire.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will try that and get back to you later with the result. Thanks

OK>

I see question is till open, did new wire make difference? Please rate to close and get me credit! Thanks!