JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I just bought a used cub cadet rzt50 mower. It ran fine for

Customer Question

I just bought a used cub cadet rzt50 mower. It ran fine for awhile, mowed my yard and my neighbors. Before I finished the neighbors yard it started acting up. It sounds like it is not getting fuel, or that it is choking down. Could this be anything other than the fuel filter? I think the mower sat, unused, for awhile. Should I look for anything other than the fuel filter?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes, we have run approximately 3 gallons of fresh gas they it while mowing the last few days. It ran fine until today. My wife was mowing and said it ran out of gas, so I filled it up and within 5-10 minutes of mowing it started "acting up", like it was not getting fuel.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I'm nothing more than a shade tree mechanic, and not the best one of those. However, the fuel filter seems like it would not be that hard to replace. If it's much more than that I'll take it to a shop for a professional to fix.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that I have a vague understanding of small engines and that I haven't worked on one in years.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
Check that the fuel pump is pumping fuel if it is equipped with one. Remove the fuel line from the carburetor in turn engine over see if fuel pumps out of the hose
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

I see question is still open and UNRATED. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL