Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

21hp eng will start but will not increase rpm or idle more

Customer Question

21hp eng will start but will not increase rpm or idle more than a couple seconds and then dies. acts like fuel , but carberator is new and throttal bracket is also new.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: clean tank and new fuel and filter. carb. is getting fuel.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: have cleaned flywheel magnets and magneto and checked flywheel key.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

You have the old carburetor? Remove the solenid in the base of he old carburetr, ad cut off or remove the tip in the end of it, that plugs the man jet. The install it in the new carburetor , to see if engine will run. These solenoids have to have 12 volts to work.