Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a toro zero turn. The pulley that drives the mower

Customer Question

I have a toro zero turn. The pulley that drives the mower deck froze today. The bearing is shot. I can take it all apart myself but cannot see where the bully comes off the shaft to get the pulley and the shafts off the deck
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The mower is a Toro Z and I think it is about 16-17 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No i just need to get that pulley off the shaft to finish getting the bearing out of the mower deck
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model number is *****
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

You are trying to get # 22 pulley of? See picture below.

Nut comes off pulley, the two bars or levers used on the pulley to lift it off the shaft, then check shaft for key, looks like it is a splined pulley, so will have no key, just drive the shaft out the bottom of the deck.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the part is 22:4 my question is to how do you get that pulley assembly off the shaft

Use two crow bars or two shovels to pry up on the pulley, you may have to put nut back on loose, and tap on the shaft while prying.