Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Honda 16.5 hp on Craftsman riding mower runs about 20

Customer Question

Honda 16.5 hp on Craftsman riding mower runs about 20 minutes then quits. Sears has replaced carb and fuel pump at about $700 so far. No change in engine. Tech said use 1oz Sea Foam per gallon. No change! Any suggestions?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Craftsman 42 lunch DLT3000, about 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I live on a farm an work on my Massey 1085 so yes if I have too.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The Honda is an overhead cam V-twin
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, try this quick test next time it quits and let me know what happens. When it dies out try spraying some starting fluid in the air filter. If it fires back up we know it's fuel related if not we know to look to the ignition system.