JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Curtis, I have a poulan riding mower 42" cut and need to

Customer Question

Good Morning Curtis,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have a poulan riding mower 42" cut and need to replace the blades, can i put 38" blades on this machine? they are the only ones currently available?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 1 year old, poulan pro riding mower 42" cut
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer:(###) ###-####46
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: a mechanic put on new blades, then told me they were 38" instead of 42", could that damage the tractor using smaller blades?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.
Are you just needing the blades
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.
It will not damage the tractor but why did the mechanic put on smaller
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
they were only available locally in the smaller size, thanks! after putting them on the riding mower developed a problem and won't work in forward, only in reverse, so i thought maybe it had something to do with the belt driving smaller blades?
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.
No it wouldn't . That is most likely a motion drive belt issue. You have another built that goes from the front to the back of the machine above the deck. Being as it will go in reverse but not forward it is most likely stretched or off of one of the pulleys
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok thanks i will check the belt again!
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to rate me as I strive to be the best and your rating helps me to achieve this
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL