JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a 6.5 HP lawn mower and have literally worked on it

Customer Question

I have a 6.5 HP lawn mower and have literally worked on it all summer. It will not start I have replaced the carburetor, cable brake, ignition coil, spark plugs, new oil and gas, new air filter and it still won't start
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well, I would have been better off to have trashed the thing, I have about 1
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: $150 in parts in it and I know if I take it in it will be another $150 which I could have bought a new one, oh and new fuel lines
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
Sounds like you are having a compression or timing issue. Spray fuel into the carb or cylinder and see if it fires up breifly