Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a with my 2005 cub cadet model RZT-50, 22 hp. Briggs

Customer Question

I have a with my 2005 cub cadet model RZT-50, 22 hp. Briggs & Stratton engine, with 622 hours. The problem is after running the mower for a while, when stopping, and backing it up, then going forward the blades will not engage. This same problem also happens, if I turn off the blades and turn them back on, they will not come on. I have to turn off the mower, for 15 min. let it cool down, then continue again. I think the PTO clutch needs to be replaced, not sure? If so, what brand, and part # , and where do you recommend. Also, is it necessary to replace the turn on, off PTO blade switch? Thank You for your Help!
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The a above message is from, Bill Aschenberg E-mail address is
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: My E-mail address is ***@******.***
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, I would like to replace it myself.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

there is only the switch and the clutch, if the switch is not the problem, then it would have to be the clutch. I linked the clutch required , aftermarket. New from Cub Or MTD is around $350.00.

I see a second question, can you read this response?