Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Husqvarna 338 XPT Fuel Tank Vent. I was given this saw in

Customer Question

Husqvarna 338 XPT Fuel Tank Vent. I was given this saw in need of repair.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I see a vent tube in the fuel tank. Is the tube supposed ti have something on the end of it? The tube runs to the bottom front of the tank and connects to
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: a hole running across the saw at the bottom center. I think I am missing a piece in this hole that is not shown in parts diagrams. It is a Fuel tank tent.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is the correct part number 537-35-95-01?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Pearl, Is somebody working on this question? Should I wait for a reply?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your small engine questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

ok in the fuel tank you will have a supply which will have a fuel filter on it and a return which will just be a hose with nothing on it, And can you elaborate on this hole in the saw your talking about?