JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have the same kasea go cart and its has GY6 engine. the

Customer Question

I have the same kasea go cart and its has GY6 engine. the other day it started and ran for a little bit but when I tried to drive it, it had lost all power. we checked the spark and it was good. the fuel supply seemed to be good as well. there is a small type of a fuel regulator that sits right under the gas tank, it has two hoses coming out of it. one hoes goes directly to the carburetor the other hose goes somewhere else. when both hoses are attached and the car off there was gas dripping from the intake, like constantly, I unplugged one of them leading to the engine not the carburetor and the dripping stopped, also now it doesn't start. it cranks and all but doesn't start.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: thanks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes theres fuel in the tank, I was going to try to do it my self.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: there is no shut off valve,
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 9 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 9 days ago.

That is the fuel petcock. You have a fuel flow issue. YOu need to remove and clean all fuel system componants from under the tank to the carb, including the carb. YOu have a fuel venting issue, and possible clogged jet

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
by clean you mean blow out with air?
Expert:  JON replied 9 days ago.

Blow out with air, use carb cleaner, small wires to run into the carb jets or buy a soaking cleaner to soak the carb in for a few hours or overnight

Expert:  JON replied 9 days ago.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

Expert:  JON replied 4 days ago.

I see question is open and unrated, please let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL