JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

My generac rv generator will not start it turns over fine,if

Customer Question

my generac rv generator will not start it turns over fine,if I squirt gas derect in the carb it runs
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: checked all that
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was wondering if the electric fuel pump is bad
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 12 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 12 days ago.

If you can spray fuel into the carb and/or cylinder and it will run briefly, you have a carb issue. You will need to remove the carb and clean it internally. The cause is a clogged jet, and it is not able to pull its own fuel to continue running. once carb is clean and free of debris in the jet(s), it should operate as normal.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There is no fuel getting to the carb it does have an electric fuel pump
Expert:  JON replied 12 days ago.

okay, remove the line coming from the pump to the carb and see if fuel comes out when turned on. If no, check that the pump is coming on. If not, check the voltage at the fuel pump to make sure it is getting power.

Expert:  JON replied 7 days ago.

I see question is open and unrated, please let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL