Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Trying to replace left hand lift link on craftsman lt 1000.

Customer Question

trying to replace left hand lift link on craftsman lt 1000. model###-##-#### not sure how to come through chassis and make connection to plate on lift lever. lost pics of orientation. any help greatly needed. owners manual only shows exploded view.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: parts delivered today. ordered from sears early last week. spent 4 hrs. today taking mower apart piece by piece and still cant figure out what i need to do. seems simple but i cant get it back together.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: craftsman. model###-##-#### ps...bear with me. i dont do well on computer.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. i am mechanical. took pics before starting and lost them somewhere in "picture space"
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont know right now. i will answer your questions best i can. i just need to get the grass cut.lol
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

On page 22 in owners manaul are the two links that go to the front of the deck lift bracket, which is a double ended lever, # 19 on page 46 in the owners manaul parts section and the # 3 pins is what holds the links from the deck.