Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a craftsman platinum 7.00. We started it and it ran

Customer Question

I have a craftsman platinum 7.00. We started it and it ran well, then we loaded it up and drove it home. I unloaded it and now, it starts and will run for a few seconds and then it dies. What can I do to fix it?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: There is clean fuel in the tank, but I do not know where the shut-off valve is so I will have to find it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. I'm trying to help my husband who is not present right now.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Engine is not getting fuel, id you remove the fuel line at carburetor is fuel flowing? If it si, problem has to be the float and needle valve being stuck.