Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a scaggs mower that has a /s engine and would like

Customer Question

I have a scaggs mower that has a b/s engine and would like get a new carburetor for it , however the numbers I am getting on-line are not matching exactly. My engine number is ***** I have found a carburetor # 792295 that is supposed to fit but further checking it only matches up for engines 44M777. Is the engine I have on my mower a special production motor?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Tell me the difference between a 44P777and a 44M777
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Scagg SFZ48-26BS bought in 2006
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The pictures of this part do not look much like the carb on my mower. Again the part number I an getting is 792295
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

792295 is the correct number. The 44 m and the 44 p , both are the 440000 series engines and use the same fuel system. difference is crankshaft length and sheet metal

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response? Please rate to close the question and get me credit!