JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

My toro zero turn has a problem starting. I have replaced

Customer Question

my toro zero turn has a problem starting. I have replaced the ignition switch, the battery is good. When I turn the key to the start position it clicks once, if I repeat the turning, eventually it will catch and start right up.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Since it is not the switch it seems, then is there a solenoid that has a loose wire to engage a flywheel ? Lots of fuel in the tank because once it starts it runs perfectly.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, I think that explains it
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Try jumping the solenoid if fuse is good. Follow the reD wire from the battery to the starter solenoid. try jumping the solenoid by placing a screw driver on both poles together and see if machine will turn over. Make sure to engage parking brake and have key turned on. If it turns over, the solenoid is bad

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I see question is open and unrated, please let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL