Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a small lp onan generator in my rv. oil if getting

Customer Question

I have a small lp onan generator in my rv. oil if getting into my breather, I am being told it is the reed valves,apparently there was a part the went in the line but has been disconnected. Can you help?
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Onan 3.6KYFA26120L 2007
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we rebuilt the unit about a year age, it did not have this problem prior to rebuilding. The oil scooper broke off from the crank.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what is a service offer?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what is the valve setting?
Expert:  Hank F. replied 3 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
Both valves on this engine should be set at .002".
The reed valve you are talking about is located under the valve cover. There is no disconnecting it. You may have just left it out?