JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Last year the battery light came on when I engaged the

Customer Question

last year the battery light came on when I engaged the blades, the dealer said the clutch was going bad...I replaced the clutch ....this year the light is on again and the clutch will work for about 5 minutes then shut off, I replaced the switch and the relay but still have the problem
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 2 years now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, I am a certified mechanic
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i know i cant afford to put a 300.00 clutch on every year
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

S​ounds like the battery is weak and doesn't have the power to operate the clutch. with the mower running, what is the voltage at the battery? What is the amps on the battery?

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I see question is open and unrated, please let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL