JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a 550 ex series 140 cc yard machine mower 3 years old

Customer Question

I have a 550 ex series 140 cc yard machine mower 3 years old use it 1 summer put in garage can't get it started please help
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Shut off valve, the gas has been in tank 2 winters I probably don't have 20 hours on motor.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible I have skills
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's the just of it
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

GAS HAS A SHELF LIFE OF 30 DAYS. GAS WILL NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM TANK AND FRESH FUEL PUT IN. TRY TO START. YOU ARE MOST LIKELY GOING TO HAVE A CLOGGED CARB JET IF FUEL WAS IN MACHINE THE ENTIRE TIME AND WILL NEED TO REMOVE THE CARB AND CLEAN IT, BUT SOMETIMES FRESH FUEL CAN HELP. IF NOT REMOVE THE CARB AND CLEAN IT WITH CARB CLEANER

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.