Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I hav a RTZ with Kohler 26, when I try to start it, it gives

Customer Question

hi, I hav a RTZ with Kohler 26, when I try to start it, it gives a loud clicking sound, like starter is bad, looks to be a difficult job to get starter off?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes, mower was running just prior to this trbl
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it's a 2011
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

A single click, or a series of rat a tat clicking? Do you have a voltmeter to test battery voltage at key start?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was the battery, thought it was good cause was new this season, but had to get a new one, starts good now, TY

Rapid clicking is always sign of low voltage to the solenid, and usually it is the battery. Thanks. Please use the rating system to close the question and get me credit!