Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I ran my microquiet onam 4000 with Ethenol Fuel for about 2

Customer Question

hi I ran my microquiet onam 4000 with Ethenol Fuel for about 2 hours with the cover off, it ran approx. 2 hours, then shut down. I have replaced the fuel with non-Ethenol fuel, pulled the air filter, and sprayed the carburetor with "Seafoam" Motor Treatment. Altitutude is 6800.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: My Rv is 125 Miles away in a somewhat remote location. I have been working about a week on this.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I have been looking on my ipad on fixing and repair issues. and familiarizing myself with location etc. I have changed the oil, and replaced the air filter myself before, but am a little out of my element here. I checked the fuze box, but never reset all of them. Could this be an electrical issue.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Not knowing whether to start with the spark plug, the fuel line, the pump and filter (removing the circuit card , where to get parts, and what parts (if any) are needed. I turned the screw to let fuel run out of the carburetor, but am really not sure when it said not to leave the cover off, it I have damaged something as a result.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: fuel has been replaced, coming from a marine type gas container, placed above the genset. Not sure what shut off valve?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that about covers it. I think I am looking for a step by step process to test and find the problem.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 3 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
What is the full model number of the genset?