Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I just bought a second hand HRX2175VYA maga 2378905 GCV190

Customer Question

I just bought a second hand HRX2175VYA maga(###) ###-#### GCV190 says easy start.... Bought last Sept not used hard in perfect shape I thought...I had an older model with a choke.. choke that one and would start on 1 pull!!!! Can not seem to do the same with this one.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: possibly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If I can not do it I just need to know what a repair tech will tell me if I take it for repairs
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, if you remove the air filter and squirt some carb cleaner directly into carb will it fire and run a few seconds or more?