JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Ariens zero turn stalls when i engage pto, about 2 weeks ago

Customer Question

ariens zero turn stalls when i engage pto
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about 2 weeks ago i got a clumb of dirt stuck in blades after that it stalls when i try to engage pto
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i,m thinking about it and you tubing alot
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: replaced pto switch
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Sounds like a faulty safety switch. Can you drive the machine without blades engaged still?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it drives fine just when i pull pto stalls the engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

what model engine is this? safety switches usually will not let you drive machine either. While machine is still in Park mode, will the blades engage? How does engine sound before you engage blades? Normal?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ariens 915013 ezr1742 runs fine,drives, just shuts off when pull pto
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I would start by testing safety switches for continuity. Here is a picture of the continuity chart for your machine. I would start at the seat switch as it is the most common

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i was thinking the same,the guy that owned it before did something to some safety switches i just found out,THANK YOU
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Yeah, may be a little tricky if the previous owner has tampered with them before also.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I noticed question is still open and unrated. Are you needing more assistance with this? Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL​