JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I work for the Marine Corps. We have a liquid cooled Turf

I work for the Marine Corps. We have a Scag liquid cooled Turf tiger. The problem is when it gets hot we loose power and it struggles to stay running. we looked at everything we could on it. the only thing we have not done was change the fuel filter. can you help
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about 3 days.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if we can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that's it

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Sounds like you have an ignition coil breaking down. Does it ever quit running?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. It sputters like it's running out of fuel

Have you all tried re gapping the coil(s). make sure carb center jet is cleaned through with carb cleaner and you can run a small wire through the jet until you can see it inside the carb opening

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I wonder if it's just the center her. We found the the metal screen on the end of the fuel line came off and the was some crap at the bottom of the tank. We will check that. Thank you.

No problem. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Jon,
We got it. It ended up being the fuel filter.
The mower has been used by many people and the fuel filter was never changed. To make it worse we found the metal filter screen on the inlet side for fuel had come off. After replacing the fuel filter we are having no problems. Thank you for your help.