Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a Craftsman Pressure Washer Modelwith Briggs and

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman Pressure Washer Model###-##-####with Briggs and Stratton 11P902 7.75 HP Engine. I have rebuilt the carburetor several times. I can let it set for a couple hours and then it will start for few seconds and then will not start again. Fuel is clean, Fuel Lines cleaned. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes to both.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's about it. Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Jim, you and I need to determine if our problem is fuel related, or if it is ignition related. If you have some carburetor cleaner in a can, spray a small burst directly into your carburetor, immediately after your engine stops running, to see if your engine will start right back up and run briefly, or if your still have to wait a couple of hours before your engine will re-start.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

If your engine starts right back up after using the carburetor cleaner, we will focus on your carburetor. If your engine does not start right back up, we will focus on your ignition.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

You and I can continue from here. Thanks again!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
using starter fluid or carburetor fluid the engine will hit, but will not start back unless I spray more in the card. It runs only a few seconds. Jim
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for checking. This is an indication that that you still have either a partially clogged jet or a partially clogged fuel passage in the body of your carburetor, although you have rebuilt your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Did you clean the three small holes in your bowl nut. This is your main jet. You may want to consider replacing your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

We can continue from here.