JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a murray riding mower model # 30544x92d. It started

Customer Question

I have a murray riding mower model # 30544x92d. It started missing. The spark plug is fouled with black soot. I'm starting by replacing the air filter, then moving to carb rebuild to try and fix the problem. I'm trying to remove the part of the chassis that is rectangular in shape that the seat sits on so I can easily get to the carb and fuel line because the fuel line is leaking. My question is does that whole rectangular chassis have to be removed or can I remove the back two thirds. In other words does the chassis consist of two parts or is it one whole unit.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: No fuel in tank
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

this is considered the body of the machine. It is one whole piece. you should be able to reach your hands in there and remove fuel line to replace. a lot of work removing the body to change a fuel line

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL