Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

I have a Deere LA130 and when i try to turn the steering

Customer Question

I have a John Deere LA130 and when i try to turn the steering wheel it clicks and will not turn my tires. Can you tell me what this might be?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thanks
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself. No i have not tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is Jay

You need to check to see where the steering shaft and the half moon gear meet to see if the shaft bearing or gear are bad. Here is picture break down of parts in steering involved.

http://www.muttonpower.com/p-13052-john-deere-100la100-series-steering-parts-diagram.aspx

See part number in picture part number 14, 21 and 20 for wear.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

You have any other questions?