Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a model 170 lawn tractor when I run it fo awhile and

Customer Question

I have a model 170 lawn tractor when I run it fo awhile and shut it down it won't start. I cleaned the carb it has spark I took the coil off and cleaned it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Does he work on this type of tractor
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Did you get everything I wrote down
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.

Once hot I see it will not start and you have stated it does have spark at that time, next would be checking fuel and compression. Start by seeing of starting fluid sprayed in will then allow it to at least try and start?

Thanks,

Joe