Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have brand new battery but had problems starting lawn

Customer Question

have brand new battery but had problems starting lawn tractor..and then it sprayed some gas once it started. any idea what the problem is
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: fuel in the tank..where is the shut off valve its craftsmen lawn tractor###-##-####JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when trying to start it sounds like it's trying to "start" but it just seem to connect...like it's not "catching"..if that makes sense
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 2 months ago.

Hello, did it spray gas out of the air filter assembly or did you spray gas into the filter to start it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was sitting on the tractor..and would see the spray on the ground...on the right hand front side. The air filter is on the left side and I didn't see any spray from that direction.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** shutoff is the small solenoid screwed into the bottom of the carburetor bowl with a wire going to it.